Before leaving, a very concerned Lauren looked at me with big eyes and we quickly had to explain that humans don't suffer the same fate as horses when it comes to leg injuries. Which relieved her, obviously.
Regretfully, it wasn't anything impressive, like a torn ACL or ripped meniscus or anything I could get the purple heart of diaper changing for. It was bursitis. Believe me...it wasn't cool checking in at the sports med office the following week, standing behind a lady in her mid-seventies to hear her complain of the same injury!
This all happened one week after recovering from an ankle thing. So, thinking that ye ol' treadmill was now my enemy as it appeared it was weakening me instead of its intended use....I banished the treadmill and we have not spoken since. Until today.
Taking it steady as she goes, I have embarked on the "Couch to 5K Program" (click on the link if you're interested). I'm hoping to keep all limbs intact and be able to run the Irish Jig in March. Join me if you'd like! An 8am start and I hope to finish before lunch! Well, nothing like posting this stuff on your blog to keep you accountable...
1 comments:
Hey Carolyn! So glad that I've found your blog. It is great to see what is going on with all of you! After my 2.5 months of bedrest, I think that this is exactly what I need. :-)
Love to your family,
Kathryn
Post a Comment