The Olympics comes to a close tonight. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm downright relieved. Sure, it's been fun and all, but I need to sleep!!! Yesterday, while watching the marathon, I really understood how exhausted the runners were in the final stretch to the Bird's Nest. I do believe for every mile they ran, I've lost the same in hours of sleep over the last two weeks. Yes, I do want a medal if anyone is wondering. Oh, but it was worth it. It's good to feel your heart race when you see the red, white and blue racing for the gold whether in the pool or on the ground. It's fun to hash out the controversies of underage gymnasts, judges who couldn't get it straight even in a cat show competition, lip syncing and faked fireworks. I loved every minute of it...with the exception of the minutes spent covering boxing, basketball, and baseball (and dirt bike racing???). They didn't seem to cover quite a few things I remember and for some reason track n' field didn't quite have the pop it has in years past. But all in all, we had a good time watching it all. Ok, I'm done on my soapbox, which regretfully is not a medal stand for the sleep deprived.
0 comments:
Post a Comment