Yesterday, Sarah and I completely cleaned her room and "baby-proofed" it to make way for Julia to hang out with her while I was in the next room folding laundry (as I do everyday after making a four-course breakfast and polishing the silver).
Sarah had come in my room to sing along and hop around to one of her favorite songs (yes, I boogie while I chore)..."I got soul, but I'm not a shoulder..." she sang at the top of her lungs!!! (I realize that's only funny if you know the song..."All These Things that I Have Done" by the Killers..."shoulder" is actually "soldier").
So, after the song is done, she goes back to her room and I hear her say (loudly) "oh no". I run in there, my heart racing...and find this....
.JPG)
The sweeter side of this story is the way Sarah dealt with the issue (Sarah is not a fan of a mess and will ask to go to her aunt and uncle's house if our house gets too messy). So, Sarah goes over to Julia, puts her hand on Julia's head and very calmly and with much emotion says, "Julia, I am very mad that you have made this mess in my room...But, I love you anyway."
(btw...I don't own silver and unless you count filling a cereal bowl four times...the other part wasn't true either)
0 comments:
Post a Comment