25 August 2008

first day of school...

Well, The big day finally arrived and Lauren was ready to roll. She hopped outta bed, got dressed, and ate her cocoa puff bar before bounding out the door with 20 minutes to spare.

The day began with me taking her to the middle school for "opening ceremonies", and while it wasn't Beijing...it was nice to get to see everyone and sing and pray together for all these kiddos.

Lauren sat with her class during this bit and I peeked at her from time to time. I noticed her yawning quite a bit and thought she must take after her Dad, who used to yawn when he was nervous or before a big game. After it was over, I drove her to the elementary school. In the car she said she was bored and "sqwooshed" in the ceremony. Which best explains the yawning, I guess.

The picture above is of her walking into the school. She said she wished she was going to kindergarten instead, which made me feel nervous for her. We finally made it to her classroom, where she was happy to see her teacher (below), Miss DeWeerd. What a great kid...



Oh...I love the shoes.




0 comments: