Like most kiddos, Sarah hasn't been entirely forthcoming with telling us what's happening at school. Everyday I ask and everyday she shrugs and says, "I dunno." As with Lauren, we do eventually get some tiny details that give us a glimpse of her day (it's usually a stall tactic at bedtime).
Today, I asked again and got the same response, followed by..."Why do I have to tell you what happened at my school anyway? Don't you remember what you did at your school?"
I explained, "You're gone from me all day and I miss you and I just want to know what you're doing when you're not with me."
That must have pulled at her heartstrings ever so slightly because she sighed, thought for a moment, turned to me and said ::
"If I tell you about my day at school, YOU are going to tell me how all us babies got out of your stomach."
Gulp. It was a tough deal to make, but at that point I didn't want to seem like her day wasn't worth the trade. There weren't many details provided...I mostly just clarified some misconceptions she had on the matter. In the end, I think she was somewhat satisfied with the explanation.
I'm a little concerned about how many questions she's got rolling around up there...but now I'm sure glad she only goes to school three days a week.
1 comments:
uh oh! never good when it comes to that. find a way to get out of it. im rooting for you!
Love Ya,
Jessie
Post a Comment