
The other morning, with both of her sisters in school, Julia begged me to turn on the TV (or "TB" as she calls it) and I insisted it was play time instead. Here's how the conversation went ::
Julia : "I want to watch a show."
Me : "You can...at quiet time [in the afternoon]"
Julia, ignoring the response as she often will do : "How about Bolt? I will watch Bolt." (as she climbs on the couch to get comfy)
Me (as I sit down next to her) : "Ok, in a few hours at quiet time...I'll set up Bolt for you. Right now, we will play with toys."
Julia : "Now. I will watch Bolt now."
Me : "No."
Julia, with a huge smile : "I have money."
Me : "Ok. Do you want to play with the money in your piggy bank?" [we do this at times]
Julia : "No... I will give you money and you will turn on Bolt."
Oh....boy....
0 comments:
Post a Comment