The dizzying blur of of a fast-moving summer came to a halt today as we woke Lauren up for her first day of third grade. This day had a few more butterflies than other first days as the girls start at a brand new school this year (new for them and new all together).
We attended the opening "ceremonies" last week...(below is the front of the school)
Here's the back of the school, where the ceremony took place. Behind me is the playground and field.
Lauren sitting at her desk...
Thankfully, visiting the school last week helped calm Lauren's nerves about the whole thing (can't say it did the same for Sarah). So, she was able to get a good night's sleep and be bright eyed and bushy tailed for today!
Despite her getting on in years, nothing changed on the pre-school breakfast menu for my little "the usual" gal. Waffles with Nutella once again!
Drum roll, please. Here is the First Day of School Outfit for Third Grade ::
She even sported a new backpack...loaded to the max. I'm surprised she didn't topple backwards with all the stuff in there!
I'm so used to driving her to school and talking to her about the first day, so it was a little odd to send her away on a bus this morning! We all walked her to the bus stop (she ran).
Sarah even took her backpack (her first day is tomorrow) and poor Julia sat in her consolation prize. She's not going to school this year, so I bought a jogging stroller to run around with her. So, as she sees it, we'll run the day away until her sisters come home (I'm going to be in tip top shape apparently!).
I don't blame Lauren, but...sadly...she pulled an "I'm-too-cool-for-that" face when I asked her to pose by the school bus for a picture. So...this is all we will get of her send off to the school year...
Sarah's turn tomorrow...stay tuned...
0 comments:
Post a Comment