Sarah got one thing right, "Well, Daddy will beat Mommy." Yes, 'tis true, he got me by nearly seven minutes. Jeff crossed the finish @ 23:42 and me at an even 30:00 (room for improvement, I like to say).
25 March 2009
we got jiggy...
This past Saturday, along with my brother and niece and several thousand other folks, Jeff and I ran the Irish Jig 5K. The kids dodged the 30 degree temps and stayed home with grandma and grandpa. They were a bit confused how we could leave telling them there was no chance we would win the race we hadn't yet started.
Sarah got one thing right, "Well, Daddy will beat Mommy." Yes, 'tis true, he got me by nearly seven minutes. Jeff crossed the finish @ 23:42 and me at an even 30:00 (room for improvement, I like to say).
I was thrilled to run alongside my niece, who not only found great pleasure in passing everyone in front of her, but also smoking her auntie in a sprint to the finish.
We're not done with all this racing stuff yet. We'll be doing another 5K in April and (gulp!) I'm working to run a 10K in May. There...it's in writing.
Sarah got one thing right, "Well, Daddy will beat Mommy." Yes, 'tis true, he got me by nearly seven minutes. Jeff crossed the finish @ 23:42 and me at an even 30:00 (room for improvement, I like to say).
2 comments:
good for you! And I think you had a very respectable finish time.
Timmer, you not only run to much, too far, you now do it too fast. You're not my friend anymore.
In all seriousness, nice work.
Post a Comment