30 November 2008

turkey lurkey yummy nummy...

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday! Oh...wouldn't it be nice to just retire now and just have family cozy time everyday! We kept busy this week and actually don't have many pictures other than Jeff carving the turkey...which he was lucky enough to do twice.

We spent Thanksgiving with Jeff's family at his sister's here in Grand Rapids. We brought the bird, prepped using the recipe for Alton Brown's (Food Network) turkey brine. We've done this before and it's finger-lickin' good.

After some shopping on Friday morning, I had a photoshoot (check it out) with a great family. We spent the rest of the weekend either laying around or playing Wii Fit (I got it Friday and nobody wanted to wait until Christmas to take it out of the box). We did have turkey din din again on Saturday with my folks who drove up from North Carolina (they volunteer at JAARS).

It's looking pretty chilly outside today (yikes), so I guess we'll just lay around some more and eat some leftover turkey. Life is good.

0 comments: