22 October 2008

N493 Julia Tango...

No, this post is not about my baby Julia getting her dance on with a tango (although I wouldn't put that past her when the Wiggles are on!).

I went flying with my Dad today (and that's the tail number). I thought it was pretty on the ground with all these fall colors...but it's even nicer at 3,500 feet in the air.

We flew to Mt. Pleasant...purely for a nice destination. But, we did take a shuttle to el casino...where waaaayyy to many people are at 11am on a weekday. What's more sad than the plug me in credit cards and the oxygen (yes, you read that right)...There's a childcare center that apparently is quite full after school lets out (oh man). Fear not, we did not part ways with even a nickel...mostly because...under suspicion of planning a major heist, we were thrown off the floor of the casino (where the machines are) and told not to return. Why? Because apparently when you mosey around with a gigantic camera around your neck in a place like that, they think you're trying to get all Oceans 13 on them. (note to self: bring smaller camera next time and don't get caught)

So we ate carrot cake and had coffee and caught the shuttle back to the airport. On the flight home, we flew low over downtown Grand Rapids, which was a little bumpity, but really cool. It's pretty sweet in the wild blue yonder!

Mr. Thunderbird (aka: Dad)
A corn maze by the airport on takeoff.
en route to Mt. Pleasant
the airport at Mt. Pleasant...
Departing Mt. Pleasant and flying over the casino. I'm suprised they didn't come after me for taking this picture.
Grand Rapids...I was here later in the day for a photo shoot. Right at the blue bridge you see over the river.
Approach at Ottawa Exec...back home.

0 comments: