04 September 2008

"i'm ready to be by myself, mom"...

Well, another one of my babies flew the coop today. Sarah was off to her first day of pre-school ("pretty" school is what she calls it).

She has been so excited about this and wondered today what I was packing in her lunch, where her water bottle was, etc... I had to remind her she was only gone for a couple hours and would be home for lunch. Oh! and to reinforce what I said the other day about her and juice in the morning... I greeted her this morning by saying "Good morning Sarah, today is your first day of school!" She responded, "Ok, mom, but first I need some juice."

So, I dropped her off in the classroom and lingered for a little to make sure she was comfortable. One little guy was crying and she seemed to wonder either a.) "should I cry too?" or b.) "what is all the fuss?" I couldn't tell and didn't ask. After 10 minutes of hanging out, I asked her, "Well, Sarah, are you ready? Or should mommy stay for a little longer." She replied, "No mom, I'm ready to be by myself now." Oh man, I don't know if I am little bear.

Once again, the shoes...

0 comments: