10 September 2008

i'm not laughing...

A really random tale, but cathartic (I knew I'd use that word someday!)...

So we came home from a weekend away over Labor Day and found our door mat...gone. We just assumed the wind blew it (a really big and gusty wind...like a tornado, but spotty). I thought, oh well, time to go to Target (any excuse is fine for that trip).

A few days passed and we found out that many, if not all, of our neighbors also woke to missing door mats. This comes after a bizzare prank in our neighborhood, where some kids stole realtor signs from all over and planted them in their buddy's yard. So, yea, this door-mat-mystery looks like a prank as well (where are all the parents around here?).

So, then yesterday we find out the house just down the street had an attempted break in. This of course unravels me and makes any of the pranky stuff immediately unfunny. I don't even want to buy a new door mat, for fear that it's a reason for someone to slither up to my door and swipe it. I'll find other reasons to go to Target...don't worry....maybe I need new locks for the doors. Yikes!

0 comments: