05 November 2009

happy birthday(s)...

The wise words on one Ferris Bueller come to mind every now and again...

"Life moves pretty fast,
if you don't stop to take a look around
it just might pass you by."

Don't get me wrong, we've looked around in the last five years, but I find myself quite amazed that our wee baby Sarah is FIVE already!

She rolled into our room at the crack o' 6:50am. When I looked down to the foot of the bed, I saw a gigantic paper birthday crown atop her pajamad self. She was ready to roll...(please note the non-participatory Julia in the background, digging through a box of Little People).Mmmmm....cake. We spent 6 hours riffling through Lego to create a Christmas toy shop. Boy do I love my Sarah's new toy.
Please note Julia's legs running in the background. She was stuffy and sleepless, which winds her up like the Energizer bunny. From 4pm - 6pm, she ran 132 laps around the house and was mumbling incoherently. We put her in bed before cake.
Cake time!
Sarah with her birthday frogs from Grandma and Grandpa. Since she got these, she hasn't complained of being scared in her room at night. These little guys (named Sparkle and Lily) keep her company. It's sweet.
Getting your picture taken isn't what anyone would want to do on their birthday. I'm a pretty lucky lady...these three are pretty awesome kiddos...
Oh, and we're feeding the squirrels now too (see top of pumpkin....when he's really hungry, he sits inside it)...
I'm one year older today...but nobody wants to see a dorky picture of a 34 year old blowing out candles. So...here I am (yes, I'm the blonde one on the left) on my 5th birthday with my very thrilled brothers (hands on their hips...only there for cake) and three other non-related children there for cake too.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the three most gorgeous girls on the face of this planet!!!!!