13 June 2009

off we go (again)...

We awoke to another dreary Saturday here in Michigan. But, they seem to be good for running, so we'll take 'em on race day. Today, we ran the Brian Diemer Americam 5K.

Jeff, once again, lined up with the fast folks up front. My brother, Mike, and I weren't too far back this time. I had a goal of beating 26:00, but wasn't too sure I'd do it...especially after I went to turn on my iPpod at the start line and was met with a dead battery. The thought of running without the jams and only hearing the huff n' puffs was a little daunting.

At 9am, we took off and were happy to encounter only one hill along the way...and it was pointed down ever so slightly. It was a nice course and the sans-music running wasn't too bad...I was only slightly disgusted to hear someone contemplating tossing their cookies behind me (ewwww....).

We rolled into the finish a little closer this time...with Jeff finishing at a time of 22:04 (nice!)...and, although I thought I'd beat him (and, yes, maybe trash-talked too much this week), my brother and I actually tied at 25:30...but he is listed on the official time as finishing just before me (argh!). Not too bad. I beat my goal and finished over two minutes faster than my last 5K. This runnin' stuff is fun (and we actually got a cool t-shirt this time).

0 comments: