the girls ate their candy canes, quiet as a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
in hopes that more candy canes soon would be there.
When on the couch there arose such a clatter,
And what would you guess was the matter.
I saw she was chewing on plastic and swooped in with a flash,
tore open the wrapper to reveal more candy cane to mash.
She spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
and filled her little tummy, ne’er turning with a jerk.
When her sister laid a kiss on her cheek,
she looked up with a smirk and could’ve sat there all week.
When the candy was gone, they sprang like a missile, Away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard them exclaim, 'ere they ran out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all…Can I have another one?!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment