19 October 2009

the next generation...

I had another miserable trip to the grocery store with all three little ladies today.

I don't need to go into too much detail. I'm sure you know how this goes. If you haven't been there, you've witnessed it. For the witnesses...I'm the frazzled mom pushing a gigantic semi-bus of a shopping cart down the aisle.

And regardless of how big my shopping cart is, my children have no interest in staying in it. Julia, who is buckled and has no choice, retaliates by making sure everything I put in the gigantic cart is tossed right on the floor. I call strikes, I whisper warnings, I grit my teeth and motion with my hands.

It's not all bad all the time...otherwise I'd just refuse to keep going. We'd find a way to eat. (There are five raccoons nearby that I know of...blog entry to come soon). But...today wasn't a thrill. Here's how it all ended...

As I'm loading the groceries in the car, I inform the kids that when they grow up and have children of their own, I will not be babysitting their kids so that they can go to the grocery store without them. The response :

Sarah :: "That's fine Mom. If you're not going to babysit my kids...Rachel will." (Rachel is my niece...and although she'll babysit the girls now...I'm not thinking babysitting is her forever-career choice)

Lauren :: "I'm just going to be telling my husband he has to do all the grocery shopping and if he can't, I'll just get a babysitter. Because there's NO WAY I'm taking my kids to the grocery store!"

It appears they've got it all planned out...

ps...I've been busy....If you haven't been to the photoblog in awhile, go check it out.

0 comments: