31 August 2009

my second grader...

The first day of school snuck up on me.

Don't get me wrong, we all had the "get back to school" bug and were roaring ready. But in the last few days, I didn't want summer to end. In an attempt to squeeze every last drop o' fun out of summer, I went to that list I made and we spent last week getting some stuff crossed off.

And then that alarm clock so rudely went off this morning...ringing in the school year. And the first day of school outfit is....(do I hear drums???)
She was ready to put her best foot forward (hardy har har)...
I did not find out until the end of the day, that these shoes were too big. A limp and two blisters later and it's clear that she'll be wearing flip flops tomorrow.
This is the part where I just wanted to pull up a chair and sit with her all day. But, I suspect it might have been the part where she wanted me to quit it with the camera and leave already (it begins...)
Yup...it's time to get to work.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

At least it's not gym day tomorrow. :P I hope her feet heal quickly.