20 April 2009

buzzin' right along...

In our pursuit to collect obscure t-shirts and goodie bags, we ran another 5K race this weekend. The Yellowjacket Challenge in Greenville, Michigan. It was a fun little community race...which allowed us to wear the badges of Jeff being second in his age group and me running fourth in mine. Hey, I'll take it. I managed to shave a respectable minute off my time in the Irish Jig and finished at 29:07.

I admit I was hoping for better, but I do believe my legs went on strike after the higher mileage week I put them through...so the wire running info from my brain to my legs was clipped somewhere along the way and the "go faster" message wasn't received. Once again I was joined by my niece, but only briefly as her legs got the message loud and clear and off she went to catch up with the menfolk.

Here we all are, sporting our new t-shirts...
Next race is this Saturday at the Calvin College Spring Classic.

0 comments: